Hi, I’m Betsy.
Betsy manages the NMS team, heads up all the grant writing and research projects and communications projects, and is your go-to for anything that requires organization, measurable outcomes and eagle eyes. Betsy also coaches clients on managing the grant process and organization communications.
Company info: Betsy co-founded NMS in 2012, and became the sole owner in 2017. Betsy resides in Metro Atlanta.
Background: Over two decades in communications, including journalism, marketing/communications and public relations, primarily in the nonprofit and higher education industries.
From Betsy: “I have had the good fortune to work with some fantastic nonprofits. I’ve devoted lots of time and energy to helping small and medium-sized nonprofits survive and thrive. My favorite thing about working with nonprofit staff, board members and volunteers is that their enthusiasm for their cause is infectious.”
For fun: In Betsy’s spare time she enjoys traveling, reading, and spending time with her family. She likes baking, the Atlanta Braves, 90s music, the outdoors and the beach.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in English from Meredith College and a Master’s in English with a British and American Literatures concentration from North Carolina State University. She has taken grant writing coursework at The University of Georgia.
- Volunteer, 5-year term as a Class Gift Agent for Meredith College Alumnae Association.
- Upcoming volunteer work, board member/Co-Director of Educational Enrichment for an elementary school.
- Member, Georgia chapter of the Grant Professionals Association.
- Previous board member, Johns Creek Symphony Orchestra.
- Previous board member, Meredith College Alumnae Association.
Every company has a story.