You had a great idea for a nonprofit organization. You saw a need and are ready to answer it.
There’s only one problem: you’ve sent off your 501c3 paperwork to the IRS and you’re twiddling your thumbs. You’re stuck in a place where you can’t apply for much (if any) funding.
Here are a few things you can do while you wait so you’re ready to hit the ground running with communications as soon as you have the go-ahead from the government:
- Compile our top 11 most-requested items for future grant proposals.
- Establish your social media practices and create a content calendar.
- Write your strategic plan to cover the next three to five years.
- Form your communications committee.
- Create your website and make sure it’s mobile-friendly.
This will ensure that waiting time isn’t wasted time. Then, once you have your designation, nothing is standing in the way of your goals.