Who do you serve?
The ELC began operations as the Leon School Readiness Coalition in 2001 as required by the School Readiness Act- F.S. 411.01. In response to legislative requirements, the ELC has gone through several transitions, mergers as well as name changes and in 2005 expanded its service area to encompass the seven counties served today. Throughout this ELC’s history, the Board and staff have strived to provide a holistic service delivery system that is responsive to needs of families and communities while maintaining effective and efficient business practices supporting the following primary goals:
- Children are ready for success when they enter school; and
- Families have access to the quality child care services and assistance they need.
The ELC has a strong network of community partners and volunteers that are an integral component of the ELC’s service delivery system. Working with the community, the ELC is the catalyst working to help families be ready to work and children ready to learn.
- Child care information and resources
- Customized child care referrals
- School Readiness tuition assistance
- Voluntary PreKindergarten programs for 4 year olds
- Referrals and assistance in accessing additional community resources
- Hearing, vision and developmental screening
- Early literacy programs such as the My First Books “giving library”
- Early intervention services for children with identified areas of concern
- Professional development through on-line and classroom training
- On-site coaching and technical assistance
- Resource development
- Links to community resources and volunteers
- Barnes and Noble – Through Annual Bookfair (November – December)
- Chamber of Commerce – Wakulla
- Goin Postal
- Trousdell Gymnatics Center
- Sherwin Williams Locations
2. View our profile and donate to us through FindLearnGive.org 3. Donate funds to help provide an opportunity for a child to attend a quality preschool or afterschool program.
Please help us promote literacy, family together time, and success in school by giving the gift of reading today!