We belong to a few nonprofit consultant groups on Facebook and LinkedIn. Last week the hot topic was book suggestions, not only for consultants but for those working and volunteering in the nonprofit sector. Below is a list of the most recommended plus a few of our suggestions (we’ve put ** next to the ones we’ve read).
- The Networked Nonprofit – Beth Kanter**
- Measuring the Networked Nonprofit – Beth Kanter**
- Enterprising Nonprofits – J. Gregory Dees (Lori’s review) **
- Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life – Gail Blanke**
- Ready for Anything: 52 Productivity Principles for Getting Things Done – David Allen**
- The Ultimate Web Marketing Guide – Michael Miller
- Organize Your Office … In No Time – Monica Ricci**
- Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day – Mari Smith**
- The Thank You Economy – Gary Vaynerchuk (Betsy’s review)**
- Emily Post’s Manner in a Digital World: Living Well Online – Daniel Post Senning (Betsy’s review)**
- Blog, Inc.: Blogging for Passion, Profit and to Create Community – Joy Deangdeelert Cho (Betsy’s review)**
- Net Smart: How to Thrive Online – Howard Rheingold
- The Nature of the Future – Marina Gorbis
- Grouped – Paul Adams
Have you read any of these? What other books would you add to the list?
Don’t miss out on anything! Sign up here for our newsletter.