Recently two separate organizations have asked us for the most frequently-requested information to list on a grant proposal. We recommend compiling the following information so it’s ready to go whenever the right grant proposal opportunity arises.
10. Your organization’s mission and brief history
9. A list of all programs
8. The annual budget for the current fiscal year, with separate budget sheets for each program
7. Percentage of administrative expenses of the total budget
6. A need statement for your project or program
5. Detail on any collaborations with other organizations or businesses
4. A listing of major funders already committed to the project or program
3. The percentage of the project/program budget contributed by board members, and the total amount of the board’s contribution
2. Your expected outcome for this project or program. What does success look like?
1. An explanation of how you measure your results against the goal. Have an explanation for your data and what it means.
Bonus: Program or project sustainability: do you have a plan in place to carry on if you don’t get funding?
Download and print for your reference later! Grant Writing Checklist
What questions do you see on grant proposals? Let us know.