Websites can cost your organization time and money. It’s possible you haven’t updated your website in a year or two because of that very reason. With the explosion of iPads, tablets and smart phones it’s important to do a quick spot check to make sure your website is still effective. This spot check will take 15-20 minutes maximum (note taking included).
Have a look at the following:
- Is it clear where you want your visitors to go?
- Are your social buttons easily accessible?
- Is your logo visible?
- Are your sections easy to navigate?
- What is the most important thing you want them to do (sign up for your newsletter, follow you, donate) – is that front and center? Are you encouraging action and encouraging your visitor to stay on your site?
- Do you have a mobile-friendly template? If not, is your website easily viewed on a smart phone?
- What does it look like? Is it easy to navigate by touch?
- Can your visitors easily fill out your forms from their iPad or phone?
- On a smart phone is your ‘contact us’ phone number capable of click-and-call?
- Are all your links working correctly?
Make a habit of spot checking your website on both the computer and mobile devices. You’ll be ahead of the game and your website will show it.